Old 06-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #326
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Well of course! It just struck me funny how that conversation might go...

Her: I'm a stone femme

Me: Oh... uh ... so... is that with the space or without the space?

Her: Sorry? *looking confused*

Me: Well... ya know... is that... capitol S space capitol F? Or... just capital S ... no space.

Her: *looking more confused*

Me: Ya know... penetration good *makes goofy happy happy face* ... or penetration bad?? *makes exaggerated sad face*

*waitress overhears, turns and walks slowly away from our table*

Her: Umm... I'm going to powder my nose ... I'll be right back. *looking a little nervous*

Me: Oh sure... certainly... *oblivious*

*Her leaves table... heads towards restroom and then darts the opposite direction out of the restaurant*

Yes, these are the things that amuse me.

*falls over laughing

How about saving that conversation for the second date?

You know, I buck the system anyway. Technically, according to everything I learned about Stonefemme and Stone Femme, I should be Stonefemme but I don't like the way that looks in writing, so I say Stone Femme. Because of grammar.

Whatcha gonna do with THAT?

It's a good thing I'm already taken cuz there might not be hope for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicStone View Post
To me it has always been a constant as well, but things seem different among the younger generations. I think they feel a need to define things in a way that is more specifically personal for the way they feel about their sexuality and gender identity. My generation was extremely naive in comparison. I don't think it ever occurred to us to explore the diversity of emotional gender, we just accepted (or rejected) the labels already in place without question.
Life used to be a box of chocolates, now it is a bag of skittles.

However, when I stated that things were more fluid I didn't really mean that stone is fluid, I just meant that gender ID and sexuality in general is more fluid than in the old days. Young people are far more informed about sexuality and feel comfortable exploring gender ID and redefining labels or creating new ones. In the old days we were far too busy trying to avoid being arrested for not wearing three articles of clothing associated with our biological gender. lol

I should also state that there is nothing wrong with just identifying as lesbian, nor is there anything wrong with not identifying s butch or femme. No one way of identifying is better or worse than another. I think what you feel you are is what you are and we should embrace and celebrate the diversity in the GLBT community.
I agree with this. Plus it's the 'me, me, me' generation now, so I think that plays into it too.

For the record, I'm totally stealing this -----> "Life used to be a box of chocolates, now it is a bag of skittles."

Priceless!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: