View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #83
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Not too long ago, my Boifriend, myself & one of my exes (who is quite the dapper Butch) had a discussion about top surgery. I mostly listened as they talked about wanting to get it done. Neither of them want to transition to male. They are each okay having a basically female bodies, but are uncomfortable having breasts. They do see themselves as 3rd gender, neither female or male, but a combination of both that creates a 3rd.

My Boifriend goes by hy, hys, & hym & does consider hymself as transgender/genderqueer. My ex doesn't use any alternate pronouns & sees herself as Butch, but not trans. My ex is in her late 50s & my Boifriend is in hys late 30s. The differences in their self views may be generational, IDK, we didn't talk about that aspect.

In my view as a Femme, they are equally MOC, the difference being the expression of that quality as Butch or Boi.

Over the years it has become so obvious to me that there are more than two genders, & perhaps more than three. That being said, those that I've known who have transitioned were those who truly felt born into the wrong gendered body. Whether born into female or male bodies, there wasn't any of the I'm part both, so am 3rd gendered. It has been, I'm in the wrong body.

I can only imagine how difficult it can be to feel like one is in the wrong body, but not be able to change it for health or perhaps financial reasons. Finding peace within that dissonance must surely be quite a challenge. I deeply appreciate the sharing many of you are doing as you negotiate your path on the journey.