Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
When we restore the Mental Health facilities that provided treatment and housing for those in need and stop passing the buck and making sure that all military persons receive top notch treatment for PTSD and other disorders.

Not EVER going to turn over my weapons.

We have GOT to put back into place all the facilities that housed the folks that need to receive medication/housing/treatment. This lunacy started in the eighties and dismantled the little assistance we had in this country.

This Government's policy of shunning folks in dire need of help and creating an atmosphere of "otherness" and separating "Us" from "Them" is dangerous and causing a rift of which we are part of and perpetuating daily.

People in need of help with Mental Health issues in this country are the ones who can afford it the least. Instead of building a wall, let's build community and a system that works for Us and Them to heal those that are hurting and starving and freezing to death. Divide and conquer is never going to make this Country "great again". We make the Country great. We the People.

We ARE the Country.
Every excuse except one: you are armed to the teeth and you die in record numbers and you have no way of knowing who will do what.

All of these murders have one common denominator: guns.

However there is no single "mental disorder" that will predictably indicate who will kill with a gun.

You can lock up or hospitalise everyone you think will be an "irresponsible " gun owner ...it will cost you far beyond what any of you are willing to pay and it won't make an iota of difference in terms of the slaughters you can expect.

I am 73 years old. I've never even seen a handgun or held one.
What's wrong with me?
What's wrong with you?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: