Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I am stunned. What kind of society have we participated in fostering? When is enough enough? Some how we, yes we, all of us have created, let happen, did nothing to change it.

Somewhere this 13 year old boy got the idea that it is acceptable to beat the life out of another human being. It does not escape my attention that he assaulted a girl. Also, the other girl stood by passively and identified the other young girl to her "boyfriend."

I believe all of us as a part of a society have some amount of responsibility to advance the well being of civilization in some way. We can no longer just lament how terrible things are and do nothing.

How do I conduct myself?
Am I part of the solution?
Do I offer any of my time, money or other resources to the betterment of others?
Do I work on my own personal fears, resentments and prejudices or do I just point the finger of judgement at others and go about my life with no thought of the state of the rest of the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
A 15-year-old Florida girl is in a medically-induced coma after being brutally beaten by a 13-year-old boy, an incident that allegedly stemmed from a text-message exchange.

Wayne Treacy was reportedly trying to reach his ex-girlfriend -- 13-year-old Kayla Manson, who didn't have a text-message-enabled phone -- through her friend, Josie Lou Ratley. Treacy allegedly became enraged after Ratley reportedly told him that she didn't approve of the relationship and made disparaging remarks about Treacy's brother, who'd committed suicide last year, the Today show reports.

According to CBS4, Treacy rode his bike to Deerfield Beach Middle School to confront Ratley. Since he'd never met her face-to-face before, he reportedly asked Manson to point her out. When he found Ratley, the boy, wearing steel-toed boots, began kicking and stomping her, Broward Sheriff Al Lamberti tells CBS 4.

According to an affidavit, "Upon knocking her to the ground the defendant stood over her and began to strike her head on the ground, face down five or six times. While the victim lay defenseless and motionless, the defendant stood over her and kicked her in the head five to seven times with steel-toed boots," CBS 4 reports

Treacy and Manson, who is being charged as an accessory in the attempted murder of Ratley, are being held in a juvenile detention center. Treacy has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, CBS4 reports.

"She is in an induced coma. Part of her skull has been removed to allow the swelling in her brain to go down, and she's black and blue from head to toe," says Rick Freedman, the Ratley family's attorney.

This is the second time in recent months that tragedy has struck Deerfield Beach Middle School. Michael Brewer, 15, was set on fire by classmates last October.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post: