Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Converse View Post
I really enjoyed the movie. I have a pretty extensive “women with women” video/dvd collection- which I started years ago when any movie with even the hint of something that could be seen as queer and female was jumped on. As like many of us I’m sure, I was desperate to find some kind of representation on the big screen. After many years of always looking for some kind of hidden meaning in the classics, the Hollywood lesbian movies started to appear.

Of course I grabbed those with equal enthusiasm; however, there was almost something even more alienating about them then any of the other mainstream movies. These lesbians, if they didn’t “lapse” back to their str8 ways, or were focused on having to “choose” because of their bisexuality, then they always ended up being attracted to their mirror image; every movie seemed like a scene from a girl’s dorm- with any sexual activity being as exciting as a pillow fight. There comes a point when the Lword, used as the tool for gaining visibility, does more harm than good.

There are very, very few well made films that are true to the Butch-Femme dynamic- in my opinion Hannah Free is one of them. The sexual dynamic, where the lust continues throughout their entire relationship and the “can’t keep my hands off of you” attraction was so well done- and as bonne-maman said, so many other familiar issues. Its not a movie with an extraordinary storyline, the “extraordiness” for me, came from finding representation- I nodded a lot.

christie- my girl cried too. Still not sure why exactly- but she said she liked it anyway.
Converse you still continue to get me to perv your writing!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote