christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Strappie -

I'm not gonna rip you. I think you are exactly correct. Its not a perfectly done movie, but the characters were real - the kind I think most folks can relate to and to me, that was what touched me.

Converse - I cried because I could relate to the position that Hannah was in - the reality of blood family being able to keep Jess away from me in that situation. The reality that no matter how much our relationship might be *tolerated* it is STILL not recognized with the same legal rights as marriage.

Perhaps it hit too close to home having been in an accident last week and instead of Jess being able to focus on getting self and our son on the road for the 4 hour trip to get to me in the ER, Jess had to ensure that the POA's and Durable POA for Healthcare and Living Will documents were in order in the event I was unable to give permission for Jess to be involved in my care. It.just.sucks.

All that aside, I think that Hannah Free was a very realistic view of the BF dynamic. I may have to watch it again!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post: