View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #66
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
As most of you know, I'm a retired Registered Respiratory Therapist who worked for the VA for 20 years before I retired (due to health reasons). I guess it's because I worked for the VA, which has a large population of patients who are homeless, that made me think about them.

What's going to happen to the homeless population during this crisis?? Aren't they really the most vulnerable?? I have yet to see one thing on the news about how they're going to keep these folks from being infected.....and alive.

Has anyone seen anything on the news, or other media, about the homeless population during this crisis??

I hope everyone here is doing their best to follow the guidelines for protecting themselves and others. I wish all of you the best!!!

~Theo~

In NY we are trying to put out fires as they come. In my housing program and in our emergency domestic violence shelter we are begging hospitals to not release people who live in our buildings until they have a proper diagnosis but we are out of test kits and they are sending people back. Public health has made some noise about trying to find alternative housing for the homeless if they are diagnosed, like a hotel room, but that is not in place at this time. They are staying in contact with everyone who is on quarantine and bringing meals to the homeless or single/elderly individuals who are on quarantine. Right now they are really looking at full shelter quarantines and food drop offs. But all of the shelters are full. We need a code blue system to go into effect so that those who are still completely homeless have a place to be when quarantined but all of the buildings that would normally be code blue are closed until further notice.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: