Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have a little bit of good news that came my way today.

I was told that I will be given an expanded full time schedule, when I was worried that I would be one of the few who would lose their job. I am on short duty status the rest of this week, but come Monday my new schedule goes into effect. So that is one less thing to worry about now, since it turns out I will have job security going forward.

I kind of got some worrying news though. I've been hurdling another process to be hired in a different role of work and my ability to be hired rests on passing two tests and a health test administered by an medical facility that partners with the contingent employer. I got news today that the CDC issued mandates to particular medical facilities and that my health related employer test for this Sunday night was canceled, until the CDC lifts restrictions they issued today.

I followed up with my medical clinic, where my primary doctor practices, and they too got the CDC memo and they are canceling all appts until the CDC lifts restrictions it issued today. So my end of the month doctor appts were cancelled today as well. It's looking like it will be mid-to-late summer before I can successfully transition into my new role with the new employer, but I am so grateful tonight that my current employer and property management voted to keep me on and expand my duties and hours of on-duty work, so I have job security.

Our building went into full crises mode and now visitors to our building can only be admitted if they have an appt and be screened via on-site security. Our building is taking as many steps as it can to limit risk of exposure and reduce the chance that anything could remotely happen. The entire building is operating with only the necessary skilled professionals it needs to maintain safety and security, so we have migrated into what we call "After Hours Protocol" to limit risks and improve safety for all.

I know the worst of the Covid-19 virus crisis is not over nor has it peaked a threshold, but at least tonight I feel somewhat more secure than I did last night. I feel so very fortunate when it could have been entirely different.

I want to say thanks to our Sister-Femme friend, Ocean, for creating this vital thread for members in our community. It's a life-line of information and I appreciate it so much. Thanks Ocean.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: