Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I see positives in growing numbers of women coming forward with their stories. Efforts have been made to downplay the prevalence of these behaviors. The growing numbers of stories begins to attest to the actual extent of the problem.

I am pleased that women are sharing more details as to what they have experienced. Tho difficult to read, the details have huge potential positive benefits to other women. To know you are not alone with this experience can be a relief. To be able give a name to what you experienced is huge. To be able to give it a name and understand what happened in a different way, may help with all the complex feelings that occur, especially things like guilt, embarrassment, self blame, shame.

As for Kevin Spacey....I can understand why there are so many different and negative reactions to his response. I saw something positive in it. He didnt do the knee jerk, outright denial. He doesnt remember the incident, chalked it up to alcohol but he did accept responsibility albeit in a roundabout way.

I was more concerned about Spacey being 26 and Rapp being 14 at the time.

And, I am still scratching my head as to why Spacey, a well known bisexual, decided this was a good time to announce he was a gay man.

The network cancelled House of Cards in response to the allegations.

Mark Halperin, also kinda sorta admitted to the behavior tho he denied some of the details.

NBC cancelled his contact in response.

Some form of admission of the behavior is a positive step. Quick action by employers is a positive step. I just hope these things are being done for the right reasons.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: