Old 12-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #2064
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

A busy, busy day thus far, exercisers!

I saw Twinkle Toes but she wasn't working out yet or she'd finished. Not sure. She was dressed.

I got right into it on the treadmill and then moved on to circuit training.

T33, random program, level 9
Stats: 237 cal, 1.90 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec, 2 @ 60 sec. All @ 5.3 mph and .5 incline

Since I didn't do any weight training at all yesterday, I decided to do it all today.

yay

This is what I did:

seated leg press-90 lbs
leg extension-35 lbs
seated leg curl- 55 lbs
chest press- 35 lbs
fixed pulldown- 70 lbs
seated row, both ways- 40 lbs
shoulder press- 10 lbs
biceps curl- 40 lbs
tricep extension- 40 lbs
ab crunch machine, both ways- 40 lbs
glute- 50 lbs
hip adduction- 130 lbs
hip abduction- 130 lbs
back extension- 75 lbs
calf extension- 70 lbs
fly- 55/50/40 lbs

Usually I do the upper body one day and the lower body another and sometimes I throw in other machines that look interesting to me that particular day, like the abcoaster for the obliques or the Hammer Curl (another ab machine that hits both the top and bottom portion of the ab muscles). Today, I decided to punish myself for my laziness yesterday.

Everyone's different and, for me, the shoulder press is very hard. Ever since my car accident years ago, it's been that way. I also have difficulty blow drying and flat ironing certain sections of my hair because of it and can't do it for very long, no matter how well it's going.

I did 3 sets of 10 reps, except for the back extension and the calf extension. Those I did 3 sets of 15. I also did an extra set on the hip adduction and abduction machines. Don't get excited about the 130 lbs. It's not really 130lbs. When I transferred from an older gym to that one, I thought their hip machines were broken because my old weight was between 50-70 lbs. The older gym had more 'true' weighted machines. Nowadays a lot of the machines do the work for you, so the 130 lbs really feels like it's about half that.

I pushed myself on the fixed pulldown and really felt it right afterwards. I could have done more weight on the glute machine but it's the one that's like a kickback and every movement on my right side causes twinges in my thigh and back of my leg, which signals that the sciatica is not happy so I tend to baby myself on that machine. I prefer the glute machines that you lay down on that are kind of like a hamstring curl. Those felt like they did more for me when I used them. Again, that was at my old gym which is the same company but they are all franchised out and have different specific machines even if the general grouping is the same (upper body, lower body, ab, cardio, etc).

The fly was my last machine and I was fading fast. My first set was 55 lbs and the last was 40 lbs and even then, my arms were shaking and I couldn't quite make the handles meet in front of me. I really don't think I could have done more without sacrificing safety so I'm happy with that.

How was your Sunday workout?

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 12-21-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: