Old 12-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #2075
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I'm doing my yoga this morning no matter what!

I thought with all else I'm doing, it wasn't AS necessary. Well...this morning my cricky back told me otherwise.

I forget what day I'm on for my challenges. Four I think. I really need to start marking them off. I will say this, squats are getting much easier. On top of the challenge ones, I also do plie type squats for inner thighs. Some with heel raises to get my calves involved. Does anyone else have a wicked hard time working their calves?? NOTHING makes them feel like I've exercised them. Not the highest mountain not the highest incline on the treadmill. I NEVER feel my calves the next day...unless I do the cardio salsa...

I guess I should be glad that my calves are strong...as an aside...what else is new...someone once told me instead of doing just calf raises (which I do while waiting in lines ALL.THE.TIME) turn your feet in and do them (like pigeon toed) and out as well and you work different muscles in your calves. This may be a given, but...it never occurred to me!

ALSO: I do something new and wonderful for my triceps. The name of the exercise is escaping me. Kickbacks? LOL where you hinge at the hips and extend your tricep behind you. I saw on a video where you change the position of your hand (3 different ways) and do a set of 10 each. (knuckles facing side, front and back basically)

Ohhh and there are tons of exercise videos on youtube! I may be johnnycomelately to this, but I saw full length videos with Jillian and LOTS of yoga.

As another complete aside...this Amazon Fire tv box thing...I'm excited about it mostly because you can get Daily Burn on your tv now. No more tiny little laptop screen! It's a happy day in exercise land (for me anyway...but I do tend to thrill easily)
Is this what you meant?

Kickback.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: