Old 12-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #2077
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I guess I need to suck it up, throw on a pack and take the stairs....it will never be as much fun as hiking though. Even my imagination can only do so much...
Stairs , stairs, stairs! That's the key for hiking and backpacking. Stair master will give you a false sense of confidence when it comes time to do your first 10 mile day with a freshly loaded pack! That or Try long distance hiking with a loaded pack (30 lbs minimum if you plan on doing anything 3+ days). However there are some fun stair activities if you can find a place to train...why not set the goal of hiking the equivalent of Macchu Picchu - throw on the tunes and get busy!