View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 03:57 PM   #58
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default *** ReBoot ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
This past week, I had the honor of taking care of my friend's home and their garden while they took a vacation on the Pacific ocean. I used to have a small garden, years ago and raised sunflowers, tomatoes, lupine, calla and tiger lillies, pumpkins, and several kinds of summer squash (acorn, banana, spaghetti, to name a few).

My friend's garden grew like crazy this past week because even though she wanted me to do early morning sets of watering (15 min sets), I ended up watering late in the evening or early morning and usually it took about 2 hours each time I went about watering the garden, removing weeds and snacking on strawberries or cucumbers, but it's early yet for the tomatoes.

She's got lovely beds of flowers, too: Roses, poppies, daisies, hiacynth, calla lillies and all kinds of magical garden fairies and colorful glass sculpture, through out the entire garden. It was heaven to work in her garden and take care of it while she and her husband were gone for the past week.

My favorite items to tend in her garden were the roses, the poppies and her herb garden (spearmint, thyme, rosemary and sage) and this gigantic tree-like bush of huge flowering ... Hydrangea! The picture below is not from her garden but is near perfect to the flowering hydrangea that's in her garden -- which flowers in beautiful violets, blues and in a beautiful shade of lightest green that I've ever seen. I trimmed a few blue, violet and green ones and put them in a crystal heart vase to take to work.

If you have a garden (or even if you don't, like me) and want to share what's in your garden that brings you joy, please feel free to post and share and let's hear about what's growing in your garden this year!

ps/ their pets (Simon - their JackRussel, and Petunia - the cat) loved hanging out with me in the garden. Petunia loved hiding out in the rows of corn and Simon, bless his heart, followed me all around while I watered the garden areas.

Five years ago, I created my original post about how gardening can bring joy to our lives. I talked about my sister-in-law's garden and how I seem to be able to find joy in watering it or weeding it or making it otherwise look like it's an thriving garden.

I like to reboot my thread with an post about my gardening activities today.

I'm not a very good gardener at all. I spent this afternoon, repotting my Kong Empire Plant: I broke it up into three separate plants and I've since renamed my indoor garden, the Living Cemetery Garden, LOL (or not).

From here on out, I will not be watering them until they actually need it. I repotted them in two other beautiful clay pots my mother gave to me, recently, when I went to see her prior to the holiday.

I also put the dying Brian's Gold bush out on my patio deck, so it can freeze and go through its own natural metamorphosis, as far as regenerating back into the once beautiful bush it was, before I got ahold of it. Hopefully, putting it outside, will help in some small measure.

I'd also like this forum thread I've created to be about sharing about joys Gardening has brought to your life. And a place to help problem solve planting issues.... A place where we can ask for advice, like at one time, before my garden thread died a solemn death of being a place where pictures are just posted (and I'd like to see that stop, from here on out).

So … Anyhoooo!.... my gardening activities brought me joy today and I hope what I've accomplished today will actually help my plants to remain alive, rather than end up dead. If they live, I, of course, will be overjoyed. If not, I'll just go back out and buy another beautiful Kong Empire Mix plant and start all over again.

Happy Gardening and Joy to all!

Last edited by Kätzchen; 11-24-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: