View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #47
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

DADT was never a solution, it simply "sounded better at the time", and I suppose it was slightly better than the witch hunts and people vanishing in the night that happened before that....when I served....I was extremely disappointed in Clinton...it was a cowards way out, and I don't see that Pres. Obama will make it any different...it is an interesting question about the discharges under DADT...In my day they were either dishonorable, or general discharges...which was pretty much the same thing....I knew I couldn't have a family under the situation, so I got out after 6 years, but they lost a good soldier in the process...I am saddened that things have not changed for our glbt soldiers that continiue to offer their lives for this country, where they are still second class citizens in everyway....sorry about the soap box, I served honorably and with pride!