View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #57
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
I can't speak to all your questions, Atlast, but I'll do my best.

Veteran's benefits, including education and home loans are dependent on a person's discharge. If they are discharged honorably or under honorable conditions, then they are eligible for those benefits. If someone is dishonorably discharged, then they do not receive any benefits. Under DADT, it is possible to be discharged either way. Most of the folks I know, were honorably discharged.

An honorable discharge is just that, an honorable discharge. The reason for the discharge will appear on your official discharge papers. I can't speak for the other services, but the Army states the reason for discharge. It cites the chapter number under which one is discharged, when applicable, but doesn't necessarily state "homosexuality."

Once discharged from the Army, you can only get back on base if you retired or are rated as 100% disabled. Your ID card does not state the nature of your discharge.

Hope that helped.
Navy 1997 - 2001

i am honorably discharged on a "rainbow chit" - my dd214 states reason for discharge: homosexual misconduct, and am never allowed to join the US military again. (i'm too old now anyway lol.)

my co fought for me to stay in, it was definitely an interesting time in my life. they sent me out to sea while they "discussed" the discharge, allowing me to complete my time for VA benefits eligibility. i thank them for that.
BoDy*ShOt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BoDy*ShOt For This Useful Post: