View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #851
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I agree re: men's cleanliness but I actually had an opposite peeve with this Manager years back. All management was expected to arrive early in order to greet associates when they came into work. This bozo would come in every morning and greet all the male Supervisors with a handshake but all the female Supervisors got was good morning. Me... being me... ... 'round about the third week, I stuck my hand out hand as I greeted him. I know he was a little embarrassed at first but within a week ... he was shaking the hands of all of his Supervisors.

Side note... that was in Calif and the bozo was from Texas. This incident, his behavior, made me think (again) just how much the South must suck. Cut to today... years later... guess where yours truly now lives?! God's got one hell of a sense of humor! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Given that a lot of cis men consider their penises a God-given right, I'd be surprised if many of them consider washing their hands at any time... kinda like washing their hands after touching a statue of Jesus.

I never shake hands with men: whether they be 2 or 100 ( especially if they are 100, lol ). It can get awkward if the proffered hand is out there hanging limply but really, I refuse to be bullied into an apologetic or explanatory stance. "I don't want to shake hands; nothing personal. I just don't want to."

Not good enough? Bring me your"sanitary" hand-wash kit, a paper towel and
then we'll talk .
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote