Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
1. My daughter's 15th birthday. I've arranged a bi-plane ride for her around the lake area in the country. The plane is bright yellow and makes me smile every time I see it.

2. Tickets to see the outdoor play "Sleepy Hollow" the weekend before Halloween. They use a real horse to gallop across the bridge as the headless horseman arrives. So cool!

3. Spending more time with a very special someone.

GM3... Ways to show a good friend you care as she starts chemo treatments.

Katniss~~(Katzchen, I happened to eat lunch in Juliette, Ga last weekend at The Whistle Stop Cafe. The fried green tomatoes were great! If you are ever down this way lets go!)
OMG, that would be such a delight!!! Thank you for the invitation!!!! Your birthday surprise for your daughter is absolutely awesome!! Is this your daughter who plays the cello, too??? I just loved your answers, Katniss! You're a pretty fabulous mother!

To answer your questions about how to show a friend you care, especially a friend who is going through chemo (your friend reminds me of my BFF who was just diagnosed with Lupus):

I'd say, because I've done this for a good friend who was going through chemo for breast cancer....at the time, my friend was 63..... I was just barely 32 years old): 1) check up on my friend often by dropping by or calling her by phone on a regular basis (2-3x/week, more during chemo sessions). 2) Take over small meals on the weekends. 3) Help her with household chores --- vacuum the house, dust, clean the kitchen and bathroom, clean the fridge (and take over juice or 7-up and small snacks like cookies or pretzels or cheese sticks, etc).

For Katniss, next time your here:

GM3 things your daughter likes about her cello???
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: