View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #1275
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Network OPS is really getting under my skin. We have some of the very best talent but they cannot seem to get their shit together lately. I was hired to code software and that is what I love doing. I cannot get any coding done for taking on server issues that are not really server issues but Networking bloopers. All day, users call and tell me they cannot work and the Oracle database error turns out to be caused by a Network error but still I have to stop and research why my users cannot get to the servers. Not my software breaking, not my servers or database hosing up ... nope not my monkey, not my circus but so time-consuming to prove it. I don't like calling in trouble tickets but did today. I wanted to tell the guy at the help desk to tell Network Operations to fix their *×&#_#^#€ network. Instead, I was polite in describing error messages. The helper desk fellow did not need to hear my anger about the broken Network connections and how I have over 2 dozen users unable to work.

Worked late ...I am so glad to be home with my sweet dogs.

Tomorrow will be better. I feel pretty certain about that!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: