Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,342 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
These days I miss me.
I miss my privacy.

I miss my life before I became a caregiver. I miss season tickets to the opera. I miss plays and symphonies with lovely ladies on my arm.

I miss me.
I totally understand my friend. November 1st of last year my mom had a stroke and it’s changed my life forever. My siblings and I flew to Louisiana immediately and I realized she was going to need someone full time. I flew back to Connecticut and in 8 days I gave away almost everything I owned, put the condo into short sale, had the place cleaned and packed my car with the things I treasure the most. I then drove 24 hours to Louisiana stopping only a couple times for a quick nap in my car. For the next month I slept in a recliner next to her bed and lived out of my car.

During this time my siblings and I had an overwhelming list of things to do. Among them we had to find a place for her and I to live. We found the perfect place and had to move her townhouse stuff to the new apartment. Things are just now beginning to calm down and we’re finally getting into a routine.

I’ve never been through such an emotionally and physically draining experience. It continues to be challenging every day. I’m back in Louisiana where I swore I would never move back to. I miss home, which is still Connecticut, I miss my friends, my job, snow, having NYC an hour away, the freedom to do what I want and my privacy. I miss the me I used to be but I’m thankful my mom is alive and getting stronger. I’m thankful for my siblings.

I can’t imagine how you do it alone. I know, like you, I have to remember to take time for myself but it’s tough. Hang in there buddy.

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post: