View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #4750
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default for Gemme and ~ocean

If firearms offend you, kindly skip this post.

I posted a photo in the galleries about rails. It goes with this post.

Gemme and ~ocean, here is my very long-winded expanation. Sorry, it just came out extra long. You may want to skip it after you look at photo in galleries.

For anyone ... if I have left out anything or made an erroneous description, please feel free to correct me. Thanks!

Discussion Applies Only to Pump-Style Shotguns

when you want to shoot your pump shotgun ...

you load one or more shells into your magazine tube ... it is necessary to then rack the slide which will put a shell in the chamber ... in this photo to rack the slide, the chainsaw handle must be pulled back all the way, then pushed forward all the way and it is accomplshed very quickly ... after having done this, to fire the shotgun, all you do is pull the trigger

there are lots of gadgets you can attach to the barrel, slide, magazine tube ... the two most common parts that enable adding attachments to your slide are called picatinny rails (pr)and weaver rails (wr) ... I am only covering the pr here ... if interested in the wr, google it

the chainsaw gadgie handle on this one is attached via pr on the bottom of the shotgun ... you can only see the bottom edges of the pr so I made a modified circle to show the bottom ones ... there are also side pr on this model ... if I decided I wanted to rack the slide with a folding 5-position vertical grip (vg) - I would remove the chainsaw handle and install the vg ... generally these are postured at a 90 degree angle from your slide, although some are made to curve somewhat towards the backend of the sg ... you can also put the grip on the side of the shotgun and rack it from either side, right-handers would attach it to the pr on the left side, lefties on the rght ... if the grip has multiple positions (the one I order has 5) this provides opportunity for customization in locating the most comfortable angle ... it also folds flat against the slide for easier transport

I have yet to research how I intend to install the green Crimson Trace laser ... the green is more desirable than the red because the red is said to fade out in brighter light ... lasers are good at 50' or less and can provide shooter better accuracy

I purchased some 12 gauge AGUILA mini shells ... though I don't want to be dependent on a laser, I am in the learning stage with these short shells so the laser will be helpful during my training period ... they do require an OPSol adapter ($17.99 online at Walmart) to be inserted and seated properly in the chamber ... without the adapter, the shells get hung up and won't cycle correctly during racking process... I love these shells, they are only 1 and 3/4" long ... though less powder in the shell, they are perfect for my purpose, have plenty of power and the selling feature is the recoil is very manageable ... no more bruised shoulder ... a sore shoulder became a huge issue over the past year ... it cannot take the hammering anymore ... an undesireable consequence of being almost 62 years old (laughing)

the great thing about this particular Crimson Trace cmr-206 green laser is you can transfer it to any long gun or pistol with a picatinny rail ... the custom ones for a particular firearm can run hundreds of dollars ... no thanks

Before learning about these short shells, my intentions were to sell both my 12 gauges and keep the .410 bore. Now I have decided to keep the 12 gauge Maverick ... and to trade the 12 gauge Mossberg Chainsaw, the Mossberg .410 gauge and Smith &Wesson .40 caliber Shield pistol for partial payment on a new Smith & Wesson TRR8 revolver. I shot a friend's .357 magnum Colt Python a while back and really liked it. They quit manufacturing these revolvers years ago and now the selling price for a well-kept used one can run several thousand. The TRR8 is a .357 magnum too, whole lots less than the used Python but still along the same lines as the Python. TRR8 is very sexy!!

I find target practicing a great deal of fun. The only things I liked about basic training was firing the m-16s, m-60s and throwing grenades ... plus they provided the best tasting food and it was all-you-can-eat. I ALWAYS follow the best safety practices and rules as well as laws. In fact, I would describe myself as overly careful --->>> every single time I handle any firearm. Nothing less works for me.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: