TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Stuff View Post
Symptoms of PTSD can include:
  • Hypervigilance and scanning Yes
  • Elevated startle response No
  • Blunted affect, psychic numbing Yes
  • Aggressive, controlling behavior (a high degree of insistence on getting your way) Yes,but less so these days
  • Interruption of memory and concentration Yes
  • Depression Yes,taking meds for it
  • Generalized anxietyYes,just less these days
  • Violent eruptions of rage No,not these days
  • Substance abuse No
  • Intrusive recall -- different from normal memory in that it brings with it stress and anxiety Yes
  • Dissociative experiences, including dissociative flashbacks Yes
  • Insomnia Yes
  • Suicidal ideation Yes
  • Survivor guilt Yes

Thoughts?

Now what?
I have a lot of that going on with me, most of it actually. I have PTSD, anxiety, can't handle stress,severe depression, and night terror dreams. I take meds for anxiety and depression, and my doctor wants me to try a drug that's been found useful for my night terror dreams. But my primary care physician says nope, I can't take it because of my high blood pressure medication. She wants me to find something else that can help me. Short of just living with broken sleep all the time from the night terror dreams, there is no other treatment for them. I take meds to help me fall asleep, because without it, I can't shut my brain off to do that.
I typically get maybe 4 to 5 hours of broken sleep a night. When the night terrors start , i wake up constantly and it's one dream after another when I fall back to sleep after a while of being up.