Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I have been requested to start a thread on Trauma survival and recovery.

I looked up symptoms of PTSD as a place to start.

Symptoms of PTSD can include:
  • Hypervigilance and scanning Y
  • Elevated startle response Y
  • Blunted affect, psychic numbing Y
  • Aggressive, controlling behavior (a high degree of insistence on getting your way) Y controlling, N aggressive
  • Interruption of memory and concentration Y
  • Depression N
  • Generalized anxiety Y
  • Violent eruptions of rage N
  • Substance abuse Y
  • Intrusive recall -- different from normal memory in that it brings with it stress and anxiety Y
  • Dissociative experiences, including dissociative flashbacks Y
  • Insomnia Y
  • Suicidal ideation N
  • Survivor guilt N

Thoughts?
tomorrow will be my 5th therapy session and we still have not gotten through the whole list of my traumas. I have had PTSD since the 8th grade (homophobic bullying) and since then there has been maternal bullying, mean girl bullying, paternal covert incest, 4 batterers, 2 rapists, 1 road rage assault, two gunpoint robberies, and 1 narcissist fiancee who took me for 15k.

I sought therapy this year due to reemergence of dissociative symptoms following multiple incidents of workplace bullying by a board member and one incident of closed-door illegal electoral coercion by the mayor.

We have not gotten to 3 of the batterers or the covert incest.