View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #611
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I guess I would rather see both the public and the candidates focus their conversation on how to fix situations rather than who to blame for them. There will be plenty of time to figure out who gets what once there’s anything to get. The United States is deeply in debt. The systems that we use for distributing benefits and entitlements to the people who need them is so broken that we likely waste more money on inefficiencies then we spend actually helping people. It’s my belief that we could do a lot more with the tax revenues already being collected if we would do the hard work of revamping our benefit distribution systems utilizing the tools that have been developed in this century. That of course, will depend on the Congress and Senate doing their respective jobs.

When it comes to folks volunteering themselves and others to pay higher taxes or other folks fighting hard to keep their incomes in their own pockets I think each case is different. A person paying something like 15 to 25% as their effective tax burden might well be willing to kick in a couple more percentage points. On the other hand, an individual already paying over 50% might be less willing to do so. Most people ultimately vote their wallet. People receiving benefits paid for by others are very likely to vote for more. The folks paying for them are less likely to do so.

I don’t like either extreme end of the stick and just wish there were more moderate choices.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: