Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #1339
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Diva Kitty has developed a disturbing behavior. She thinks it is fun to lie on her back, play with electrical cords, and chew them!!! So far, fortunately, I have only seen her do it with one cord, and it is a cord that is plugged into a power strip, which I leave turned off when I'm not around. She ran away when I yelled at her, so hopefully she just did it the one time. She was probably trying to show me how cute she was by rolling around with her belly in the air and playing with the cord. But no, no, NO! I had a kitty once who burned a hole in his tongue that way. We thought for awhile he might need plastic surgery so that he would be able to eat, but he figured out how to make do. I do not want Diva Kitty to have to go through that!

Tiny Dog is just happy because she got to pee in a new place today. We went walkies in a different direction than usual.
Squirt bottle. I have a chewer. She will gnaw on anything...cords, metal, plastic, furniture, toys, the litter box....the list is endless. I have tiny spray bottles hidden all over the apartment and when she's getting into something, I spray her. The amount of trouble she's gotten into has decreased since I started this. It won't hurt her but it will startle her and, with consistency, she'll figure out that's a no no.

Another option is to find a bitter spray and spray it on the cords in the house so if she does chomp down, it won't taste good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: