How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,172 Times in 5,136 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
I live 30 minutes away from East Palestine Ohio. If you watch the news, perhaps you’ve seen that we had a train derailment. Toxic chemicals were released into the air and into the water. Thousands of fish have died and yet they’re telling us that there’s nothing for us humans to worry about. Animals have died and many many more are sick. They evacuated the humans and then send them back home in less than a week saying that it was perfectly safe. But don’t drink the water yet! Oh, and by the way, this is how you should clean every surface in your house, and you probably should get rid of , anything in your dwelling that is porous like towels and couches… thankfully, I’m not too close. But I fear for those who are living there, continuing to work there, or pregnant near there, or going to school there, or farmers, with livestock and fields, etc. not enough information is being released to the public, and they’re very hush-hush about it around here. If you don’t know about it, Google East Palestine, Ohio and look at the damn cloud. It’s still there! Yep, that’s what’s on my mind.
It's been all over the news on NPR and BBC. So yes, other people know about it. I heard an interview yesterday with a very strident man from the EPA talking about how Norfolk-Southern will clean the mess up, completely and to the EPA's satisfaction, or the EPA will do it for them and charge them three times the cost of the cleanup. That's in addition to the fine the EPA is going to levy. I've never heard a representative of the EPA sound so tough.

What's on my mind is the session I had with my therapist today. It was not fun. I'm hoping it will not cloud my thoughts for the entire weekend.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: