View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #55
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
I hope everyone that reads this gets even more encouragement to quit.. Someone very dear to me was just diagnosed with COPD and thankfully is not smoking but unfortunately it may have taken that diagnoses to get to that point.

It is VERY hard to watch those you care about go through the repercussions of this addiction.. very. It's also hard to watch people smoke killing their lungs consciously when my lungs are in such bad shape..and I was never a smoker. I know it's so not about me but it's hard on my heart.

Thank-you sassy_girl. I really do hope that others are inspired to give up if only to avoid being diagnosed with an unpleasant lung disease that can be avoided just by giving up tobacco. Sadly nothing scares a smoker though. It took something pretty cataclysmic to force my hand and make a serious decision to quit instead of 'play at it' like I had done previously. 33yrs of smoking and then COPD had me on course for my own personal oxygen tank before I hit 50, now I'm on course for riding a 29" wheel unicycle before I'm 50!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: