How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
... They were not friends but did know each other to say hi and to chat about superficial things and happened to frequently attend the same activities and parties...
A few month's after someone's breakup, if I know the person well enough to even know about their relationship, then no, I probably wouldn't blatently flirt with their ex in front of them if they were going to be bothered by it.

As far as dating goes - everyone has a different opinion on what is a "respectable" amount of time, and details are important and should be taken into consideration. If someone is a mere acquaintance, we happen to hang in the same circle, but we're not friends, then I likely don't feel a "sisterhood" with that person, so that isn't going to be taken into consideration. Maybe she's a raving lunatic that doesn't deserve so much care and concern about her breakup, who knows. I'm not saying this is the case with your friend, I'm merely saying that most people behave based on all of the information they know at the time. So, without knowing all the details, I'm not 100% sure what I would do, but I can tell you that if I avoided dating every ex of every acquaintance online or in real life, then virtually everyone would be off limits. We're a small community, and at my age (mid-40's), we've all been around the block a few times. I think I probably have acquaintances via all of my exes. Perhaps we're defining "acquaintance" differently. :: shrug ::

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post: