justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Ahh... to ring or not to ring?

If you've read any of my posts - you know that i'm at least (fairly) old school and traditional (minus the club and cave) - and absolutely a die hard romantic.

And I speak from the (male) point of view. I know men who don't wear (rings of commitment or wedding bands) or women (and) men both who will say - it's not necessary...

And a recent conversation with a friend at work who says he went to one of the "mall" stores to look at rings...

I don't think it is the "price" of the ring that matters or the "size of the diamond" so to speak (some women may disagree)...I think it is the size of the heart of the giver of the ring that matters...the thought - the care - the fact that he should want it to be unique and special and one of a kind - and amazing in every way possible - (just) like the woman he loves.

Any woman who wouldn't accept a ring given in that spirit of commitment and love ...well...if it is "just" about the size of the diamond...then he is forever going to be trying to do "one better" to make her happy.

I don't even think if unlimited financial resources were available it is about the size of the ring...it is still and always about the heart.

And any man who says he doesn't want to wear a ring...then something is wrong - and ladies ... I'd be asking ... "why not?" ... and believe me - no man that loves you as he should - would never even think about not having a wedding band on his finger (yes,left) to signify that he belongs wholly and completely to (his wife)...and trust me...men like to know they belong to the woman they love (if they say different - its all BS)...we kinda like knowing she has "staked her claim" so to speak...

And, yes - I absolutely believe in commitment - and that rings are important to signify that relationship (biblical even).

And reflecting on a conversation of yesterday ... ladies ... if you are "waiting" for that ring - for a man who has been saying and saying...that he just "needs" a little more time - or one excuse or another ... time to re-evaluate. (my opinion only).

Because again, (from my point of view only) - when a man knows he has found his one and only true love (he does not wait - and he does not have excuses) - he does what he needs to do and as the phrase might go "puts a ring on it" ... because when he finds that one and true love - believe me... "commitment" of any kind is not an issue - whatsoever.

Oh - and for what its worth - I do believe in the concept of "engagement ring" and then also "wedding band" - two different things... if there is no "engagement ring" - how are we suppose to you know actually say: "will you marry me?"

And guys - trust me...if a woman says the "asking" doesn't matter...she doesn't mean it. The "asking" matters - and again - it is the heart with which you ask...not the flash or expense behind it...

Now that i've given all my sage advice ... you may think that I have previous experience with all of this - I do not...but if I am truthful - and some guys will not admit this readily - (or maybe they will) - but we have dreams about that woman we will ask to be our wife...I know I do- or maybe its not so much the "who" as the "how" ... and that is where the heart comes in...

As always... Just my two cents worth...

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post: