Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,610 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my daughter had a similar thing happen to her, BBM. She started dating the music director. (I wont go into the age difference...but I will say I think he played/preyed on her emotionally.) She loved that church, found such a sense of fellowship there. Well, it was an ugly break up (gee...he was married!) (oh and he had ANOTHER GF!) and now, my daughter who use to sing in the choir, do solos at all the main celebrations, and was a Sunday School teacher, now cant go back to the church she so loves. It even affected her relationship with her step mom and step dad. Neither of them will talk to her because of him. She somehow, became the enemy instead of the victim.

Its really not a good thing to mix relationships, especially early ones, with your place of worship and your family (especially kids). I am hoping as my daughter heals, she will find a new church. Her situation is so much more involved than yours, BBM, but it has the same effect.

If I were in your shoes I would go back to the church...and ignore her.

As for my daughter, she is graduating from college right now and doesnt need additional stress on her. But after May 15th, Momma is gonna go sit in that churches pews...right behind him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
On my mind :

I had met a girl that I introduced to my church. Since she really wanted to find a church home. After a few dates she becamse obsessed with me I wasnt interested anymore. She continues to go to that church. I love that church. Wondering if I will ever be able to go there again. Kinda disappointed about not being able to go for months now. I detest drama. And dont want it there when Im trying to worship.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: