View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I felt safe and comfortable first coming out to my Maori Grandmother at about 6-7 yrs. She kept my 'secret' until I was ready to tell my Maori Great-Uncle and his partner - they understood my fears of how the Maori family would react as they are gay. My Maori Great-Uncle was ostracised for many years because of it (we're talking pre WWII up until the early 60s).

By my late teens only the close family knew - the others suspected. My first time in the UK, as far as my English side of the family were/are concerned, I'm just me.

I came out to my Scottish side of the family in 2004 when I was living there - we've hardly spoken since!

In my professional life, I've only told those I've ever been closest too.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: