Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #553
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Handmaid’s Tale.

I recently finished watching this series. My feelings certainly ran the spectrum. I recognized some parallels to our own political climate. It is very troublesome. Women as property? Gays openly persecuted? A very definable caste system? The rise of fanatical evangelicals? It’s way too similar. It could happen. It’s not that implausible, do you think? I could only watch one or two episodes at a time. Some scenes made me physically ill. I believe it’s one of Catherine Moss’ shining performances. At some point I will watch it again to discover a deeper level of symbolism. This is not the series to binge watch, either. After 3 or 4 episodes I started watching the rest during the daylight as I found taking a walk to our neighborhood park helped me shake off my feelings. Some of the scenes will always haunt me.