View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #1006
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Yes hon... Taking medicine as prescribed is an important component. Being teachable and listening to those that know more than we do... that is in the Big Book, btw.

I sponsor a lot of folks and always stress the importance of listening to their "outside" help. I am not their doctor. I am just there to help them learn how to do those steps, how to read the book and look up things that we do not understand, even stuff we once thought we understood in our arrogance, lol...

Being teachable is a huge deal. And listening to those knowledgeable doctors is imperative. I have buried one too many friends of mine along the way here. Even some with long term sobriety who were afraid to ask for that outside help when and if they needed it.

Keep Coming Back. And if anyone ever tells you, you are not clean and sober because you are taking the meds you were prescribed. Fire that person from your list of who you take advice from. I am in the medical community and I do not cotton to that load of bull hockey.

I have heard those that say that crap too, and have nailed them on it, anytime it comes up. And it does come up. Just because it might not be for them a necessary thing, does not mean it is not necessary for you.

Listen to your doctor.

nuff said.

d'anonymous 1
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote