Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

"Come my friends, 'tis not to late to seek a newer world, for my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset. And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are - one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will - to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Dead Poets Society version of Tennyson's Ulysses

"We do not read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race, and the human race is filled with passion. Medicine, law, business, engineering - these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life - but poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are the things that we stay alive for.

"To quote from Whitman, 'O me, O life, of the questions of these recurring, of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities filled with the foolish, what good amid these, O me, O life?

"'The answer?

"'That life exists, and identity. The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.'

The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.

What would your verse be?"

- Dead Poets Society (and their own version of Whitman in there)

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl

Last edited by Nat; 12-30-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: