Old 01-23-2019, 10:28 AM   #3366
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool "Musicals" - A Star is Born & Bohemian Rhapsody

Considering that the Academy Awards are coming up, I am checking out the favs:

So, Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)... interesting film, worth watching - up for 5 Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture - and Best Actor for Rami Malek. Being a sci-fi fan, I know Malek from I, Robot I am not a rocker at all, but it was a fairly good film. Of course, there were all the songs that I've already heard and I'm sure many here know, and it was quite entertaining. I do not think it will win as Best Picture, but Malek was pretty good. Am not sure I would watch it again. I have to agree with one comment by one of the actors in the film, that he wouldn't really have much to do with Freddie Mercury until Mercury "liked himself", and I think that was something I picked up on early in the film... shame that he had to get sick just to wake up.

Now, also saw A Star is Born (2018), which I enjoyed more than Bohemian Rhapsody - on the whole. Lady Gaga was really good - boy can she sing - and act! The fact that there was "love" involved engaged me more than the Rhapsody. Up for many awards, including Best Picture, Best Actress, and Best Actor, and Best Supporting Actor. Worth watching, I may see it a second time.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: