View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

You're very welcome!

Honestly... lol ... even as one who does the hiring... very often... there's no telling why people hire who they hire!

During my last job search (2014)... I had... I kid you not... an "interview" that lasted nearly three hours. And it was not for a position that was worthy of a long ass interview. The Ops Mgr. and I just hit it off... then she wanted to introduce me to one of the VPs... hit if off with him too... and it was one of those situation where one, I wanted the job, two I wanted the job cuz they worked 4/10s (three day weekends!) and I didn't have anything else to do that day... so I didn't have a good reason to say... "Look... people... I gotta go!" I even got called back by their HR Dept., I think it was three times in two months to see if I was still available and interested. And yet, after all that... I never heard back with a job offer! lol SMH Point being... you have the best interviews ever ... and still it's a crapshoot as to who gets hired!

I've done (as interviewee) quite a few panel interviews... those are always a joy! Ugh! lol

Why do you think one of the interviews was a bomb? I'm not meaning to pry or asking for specifics... more like ... what gives you the impression that it was a bomb?

Good luck with your job hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Thank you for this. I work for the State of
California and have been hunting for the perfect position to transfer to. There have been some great interviews and one bomber. I don't get nervous so not sure what happened there.

Anyway, many of the state interview questions are the type you describe so it is good to have something to remember to cover each item.

Like d_c, the state gives the interviewee the questions for about 20 minutes prior to the interview. Then the questions are asked by a panel of three.

Crossing my fingers the position I applied for yesterday is the perfect fit.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: