jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdansmoncoeur View Post
I don't know how to be a parent, especially when we only have her daughter twice a month for only a weekend.. We tend to let the little things slide, because we want our weekend together to be a good time.
It is definitely a game of choose your battle. A lot of things T & I find ourselves asking "in the grand scheme of things how important is this current situation?". We look at what is going on, how serious is it, who is being affected, what we can learn from this, or perhaps if it is just better to leave it alone. With the facts that we know to be true at the time(and yes there will be tons of times you may not have all or even half the facts you need) we make the best decisions possible.

A motto that I have come to stand by: "Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right." It's so important for everyone to see where they have been ineffective and/or wrong, take responsibility for that, and if need be make amends. Sometimes we learn from the kids too.

Some "wknd" parents will want their time together to be so much fun and will go above and beyond. It's important to find that balance. Don't strive to be the "good or fun" parent. Be the best possible parent you can be while raising a younger person to be the best person they can be.

Parenting really is the only job I know that gives you as much pleasure as it can heartache. I wish you tons of luck!!!!

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post: