Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thoughts on Polls and our state Super Tuesday Primary results

I have a moderate interest in polls, mostly because one gets some sort of 'report' (if you will) on voter sentiment or how voters might respond to incumbents or nominee's featured on the voting ballot. I find it interesting, but I don't give poll results too much weight because it's only a snapshot of a particular pool of responders and we don't always know who those people are or X, Y or Z reasons (et al).

But I am super curious how fast the Super Tuesday Primary votes will tell who the voting public in our home state has voted for. According to my ballot, the deadline for ballots to be received by voting headquarters is May 19th. Whether that is an actual deadline for ballots to actually count toward our state's Primary results, is given a wide berth because people might not mail their ballot until the actual day it is due, which is scary because not making sure your ballot is mailed and received *BEFORE* the due date can make a difference -- how wide of a difference, I don't know, but we have had mail-in balloting for years now and we are a swing state with vested interest in Democrats being elected and occupying seats not only in the House of Representatives but we'd like to see more Democrats in the Senate and I can't speak for others in my home state, but I sure as hell voted to make sure Joe Biden becomes the nominee and that the monster in the WH is ousted (promptly).

So, although the deadline for ballots is May 19th, I presume that it will take a week or two for all the ballots to be counted and know with some reasonable means that we have an accurate count on who people voted for and if our state will go down in history as saying ultimately that our swing state power tilts toward electing a Democrat for POTUS and not another 4 years of psycho-babbling GOP stranglehold that is killing our democracy and leaving our nation in serious trouble.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my home state lands in the ball park as a land slide of support for Joe Biden. Because our future as a country is on the line and it, in my estimation, will never recover from the past four years of murderous greed and political retaliation the current administration has subjected to US allies and to its own citizens, as a whole.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: