View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #59
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
What a fun thread! I am very scent averse so I look for things that don't have perfume. I love Aveeno body wash and lotion. Kiehls makes the only body scrub that works for me. It is the soy one.

>>I really like Kiehl's, also. I keep a ready stock of the lip balm #1...and the Silkgroom for hair styling. I like how they don't change their formulations..they're very consistent.

I recently tried some drug store mascara and still for me the only thing that works is Dior Show. My main gripe is sunscreen. I have tried every kind and they all make me greasy. I am in the market for a good foundation for oily skin. Right now I am using Laura Mercier Tinted Foundation. I like the Smashbox Primer.
>>You gotta do ultimately what works the best for you.
Have you thought about using a face-powder sunscreen? Don't quote me, but I believe that Phillip Thomas Roth has one that is a spf30, that you can get at Sephora. And Physicians Formula has a compact pressed powder as well as a bronzer, that's an spf50 at drugstores.

>>I use Laura Mercier wooden make-up brushes...expensive, but they last.
I also like her Secret Camoflauge concealer. I've also found that you can find really high-quality brushes at art-supply stores...for a fraction of the cost. They also carry small paint pallets for colour-mixing foundation, concealer, lip colour..ect.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post: