Old 09-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #224
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Well I've got both right now. Mostly Google+ is a novelty for me...and I can access it from work (they have facebook blocked but haven't caught on to Google+ yet)
Have you heard about the new profile they just started rolling out? It's basically going to keep track of your life story, they're going to be trying hard to get people to enter their medical history into it, then they'll be selling that information to insurance companies.

Also, FB is changing their privacy policy yet again. Before, information about you could only be stored for 24 hours, then all those apps you've authorized would have to re-download. Now, if you decide to put, say, your home address into your profile and then 10 seconds later think "no, actually that's not a good idea," too bad. It's already too late, and everyone who got that information from your profile (all those apps again, plus Facebook advertisers in general, have your information and they can keep it forever. It will no longer matter what changes you make to your privacy settings, if a piece of information was public for even a second, it's available to anyone who wants to purchase it, forever.

Which is why I'm deleting my account before they get to me in the rollout.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post: