Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Since I just ate at 12:15 for the first time today, I suppose this could be called breakfast.

I nuked a frozen meal, vegan Pad Thai with 3 glasses of unsweetened soy milk. It was delicious but did not fill me up. I really needed two of the frozen meals but mid-week last week I ran out because of double-dipping. Stuck with the one Pad Thai today.

I am good with this vegan food. I am disappointed that most times, I feel like I need more than their frozen servings. Also, my Corn Pops cereal is fucked for good. I cheated with a cup of regular milk with Corn Pops ... well, actually did it more than once early on. I made a bowl of Corn Pops with regular milk yesterday and found I cannot stand the taste of regular milk anymore. Who could know????
Hey RockOn, do you mind if I ask you a few questions concerning the post you shared about you having a hard time missing your favorite drink (milk)?

It sounds to me, based on having read many of your posts over in the 'dinner thread', that for your own personal reasons (health related or not), you are giving up milk. Are you giving up milk because your doctor has made this specific recommendation, due to the nature of your own health trajectory and concerns?

I ask, because in my case, I can't have milk due to being lactose intolerant and because I am pre-diabetic and because my own physician explained to me that milk and milk based products (cheese, cottage cheese, typical dairy yogurts, cream and cream-based creamers, ice cream, anything that is made from dairy products) are converted instantaneously into sugar, in the bloodstream. In order for me to NOT become diabetic, I have to stay away from dairy permanently. That, and it also makes me break out in rashes, which become open sores that don't heal fully and scars my skin and is hard for my body to recover from.

You mention that your milk replacement is soy based 'milk'. I have a heart condition, so I can't partake of soy products because soy based products interfere with my heart's ability to function properly. Plus, my doctor also said that soy based products mess up my hormone system, so that's another reason why I don't specifically partake of soy based products.

For me, specifically: I can't have Dairy products and I can't have Soy based products.

I wonder if partaking of coconut based products might be useful in your situation. I'm no doctor, but I replaced dairy products with coconut based products and while it's not the same as dairy products, at least there are less health related consequences by utilizing coconut products.

I would suggest that next time you see your physician, to maybe see what they have to say about your plan of instituting new food habits and see what type of suggestions your doctor comes up with. It might be as simple as incorporating more water into your daily dietary intake or incorporating more fiber based products into your daily diet, to address what you talk about -- the idea that you still feel hungry and possibly why you feel the need to drink 3 glasses of 'milk' a day or at each meal.

But at any rate, it sounds to me like you're trying to establish new habits, that will help you in the long term, and that is something you can feel good about, I imagine.

Don't give up. Keep up the good work on helping yourself to feel better!

---K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: