Old 03-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #46
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but butches and our more andro and masculine types get a lot of gruff. Sometimes, from the very beginning. So, it's my theory that they, as a coping mechanism maybe, tune a lot of the 'background' noise out when going about their daily business. It's unfortunate, but unless they see us, we're part of the 'background'.

I like the idea of a necklace and I like Jo's idea of adding that little bit of flirtation to that smile that says "Hey! I see you. Do you see me?"
You know Gemme i think maybe you are on to something. I don't want to speak for "them" as i know you don't want to either, but it is sorta the vibe i get as well.

I know that i notice everything, everybody and am in tune to the background noise because it is relatively benign to me, being somewhat invisible as being gay. I only have to be "on guard" when i'm with my partner and get those claws out, willing and ready to kick A if needed. I'm thinking if i was always like that, had been in that situation continuously for years like that, that maybe i would tone out the background and get to the point that i didn't give a flying flip and in doing so, could potentially not "see" someone that was family.

So, if someone was doing that and a femme happened to smile at them, they may not see that anymore than they may see a hateful glare.

I don't know but it sorta makes sense to me when i think about it. I hope some more butches/masculine peeps would care to elaborate on this.

That is a really cool way to see it. Thanks for sharing that.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: