View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #4
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

From the time I was a small child until today, I have probably heard "America is the greatest country on earth" a million times. Maybe even more!

America as a country is only 240 years old, and in those 240 years we have built a country as big and advanced as any other on earth. Yes, we took the land from the original natives, and yes we imported slaves; I'm pretty sure we could take a day or two and make a huge list of what we have done.

When England was under siege during WW1, who pulled them out of the fire? When the second world war couldn't be won, who dropped the bomb, Who liberated the concentration camps? Who does the world look to for security and protection? For financial bailouts? For taking in their refugees? For educating their children in good colleges?

You know, it's a bit like being brainwashed living here...we don't really learn about other countries in our schools, our local news stations rarely give news from anywhere else, unless we turn on PBS we don't see shows from other countries, and for the most part, we aren't required to learn anything besides English.

Because we are a "new" country that has had to fight for independence, we are like rowdy teenagers that have the gang mentality of this is our hood, and we are the best gang. Think that was needed originally, but now there should be a toning down of the nationalism, because it has become embarrassing.

Imo
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: