View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #12
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools66 View Post
hi everyone,
i live in the UK.
like someone else said i don't think you can say any one country is the greatest.
looking over the pond at the USA, i think yeah its a great country, but like all countries it as it's faults and good points.
would i live in the USA, i don't think i would.
and the one reason is all the gun crime that is so rapidly growing.
Believe me, i am not complacent in thinking i am safe in the UK.
But it does seem to be getting to breaking point over there.
The USA is way bigger so the troubles are going to be bigger, its just logical.
Its unfair to call one country the greatest, when we cant really make that judgment until we have lived in each country for a very long time.
but i do get that people are proud of they places and countries they live in.
I am very proud to be British, regardless of my opinions of us going out of the
EU.
But i could see myself loving other countries just as much.
But that wouldn't make them the greatest in my eyes.
Jools...

I was able to spend several weeks traveling in Wales and England, and my kasey has been 21x for lengths up to 3 months at a time since 1977. We have good friends there, and we talk to them often. England is a fabulous country, full of rich history, a mighty army, universal health
care, gay rights, popular (even here) monarcy and a diverse and beautiful landscape. Yet...we NEVER hear one word about how great the country is from it's people.

Of course, our friends rarely ever complain (stiff upper lip and all), and there is no posturing and little boasting. But when faced with the constant stream of "go USA", why is there no return call of Britin is the best?

I don't think I'm asking this question clearly, but I really am fascinated by our constant bragging and boasting. It's almost like we have to keep talking up the country so we can let people know how great we really are?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: