How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

This is why I stated that it is my personal preference to not charge anything. Every time we give Reiki, we also receive any healing that we need as that energy passes through us, that's enough payment for me...that and seeing the gratefulness and release from pain. The way I was taught and still believe is we are not the healers, merely the vessels for which the energy passes through. Were I to decide to teach the classes and give attunements, then I may choose to charge/barter for my time and knowledge.

I do however, support anyone's choice to charge or barter for Reiki services.

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
I feel the same way about Reiki but the way my Master/Teacher explained it, it's important to charge at least something for it, even if it's a type of barter, since all healing professionals charge for their services and to not do it would mean being overwhelmed by requests to give so much for your time for nothing in return. It's a noble thought but unfortunately, does not translate into our monetary society. I wouldn't refuse somebody who couldn't afford it, however. I'd always find a way to work something out.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: