Old 12-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #1055
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattih View Post
Annoyed that no matter how I baby my nails they keep breaking. I like them long, so it appears I will have to do acrylic overlays every two weeks for the rest of my life.

^ That was so dramatic but I am annoyed lol
There are vitamins designed especially for skin, hair and nails. It contains more gelatin, which strengthens hair and hardens nails.

Also, consider switching to a gel or shellac application. The time in between visits is about the same but there are less chemicals (which could be weakening your nail bed) and the cure time is much less than acrylic. Acrylics continue to cure for up to 48 hours after the application.

The con would be that it won't extend your natural nail but it could help strengthen your nails so that they will grow the length you prefer them. I use the shellac application and it's only $25 a pop for me and lasts between 12-20 days (depending on how hard I am on my nails).

This is all said as I gaze at my new sparkly purple Christmas manicure, which is not unlike this. lol

I feel pretty good, so I can be thread compliant.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: