Uli

How Do You Identify?:
fat girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married!

Tournaments Won: 1

Uli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST Reputation

Hello to my fellow adoptees! I haven't been here in a while.

I met the woman who gave birth to me and spent the last year getting to know her and some of her family. She came to Michigan to have dinner with my wife and me (among other things, her brother and mother live here in Michigan). And I got to spend my 42nd birthday with her, her husband, and her two other children in Buffalo. It was my first time seeing Niagra Falls, breathtaking!

I learned a lot, gained much insight, but it turns out that we can't sustain a relationship at this time. My trauma plus her unresolved guilt and shame just can't mix right now, maybe ever. It's up to her now. I set up some strong boundaries last week but allowed for her to email me occasionally if she wishes.

I had a significant mental health crisis just a couple of days later. It was bad enough that the timeline is very jumbled in my head. I don't know how directly related they were because my thyroid simultaneously went into way overdrive. It's usually underactive, for which I take medication.

I have a newfound appreciation for my adoptive parents, while still understanding their flaws and the boundaries I need with them in order to stay safe and sane.

My medications have been adjusted over the last few days and I am feeling much better, peaceful and energetic. I would even venture to use the word happy!

Thanks for reading. Would love to hear how all of you are doing in these strange times.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Uli For This Useful Post: