How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
It's time we start to HELP each other and KICK this NASTY habit!!

I've smoked since I was about 12 years old. Taking my first puff at around 10. I've been smoking daily since about 16. I've tried many things, the patch, that nasty gum, and even cold turkey. OMG I nearly killed myself. I've quit a few times for more than 2 yrs. But some how it rears it's ugly head and I pick it up again.

Today I received in the mail my ProSmoke e- cigarette's. I hope to at least cut out the "smoke" from my lungs and start cutting back with the e-cigarette's. Here in MN we can't smoke in the bars so this is an alternative to that too.

Right now I'm just looking to get use to these and not buy cigarettes any more. They come in different mg's. I started with the second highest 25mg. Then after I go threw what I have I may be able to cut down to a smaller dose.

What is your remedy??? Or Your Game plan?
GOOD FOR YOU STRAPPIE!!!!!!!! I have read about addicts who said they quit their drug addictions including Meth and cocaine but the hardest one was smoking cigarettes, most could not kick the habit. According to readers digest if you are going to go cold turkey, the best time to do it is on a Sunday afternoon. You have a 65 percent better chance of sticking to it if you do it on a Sunday afternoon. Also a good tip , you can't quit something that you're addicted to without replacing it with something else, if you want to be sucsessful. The human brain doesn't handle self-denial very easily. So if you want to quit a bad habit replace it with a good one. Everytime you have an urge instead of smoking go for a walk, or start cleaning the bathroom. And what ever you chose to take the place of the bad habit, when the urge hits you, instead of saying oh God I need a smoke say to yourself, Oh God I need to go for a walk or I need to clean my bathroom, whatever the replacement is. It changes your thought process. If you crave something and never get it, after awhile you will crave it less and less, doesn't mean it goes away , it just gets easier. And good luck, you can do it, lots of people have. Look at all the money you will save.