Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
It's time we start to HELP each other and KICK this NASTY habit!!

I've smoked since I was about 12 years old. Taking my first puff at around 10. I've been smoking daily since about 16. I've tried many things, the patch, that nasty gum, and even cold turkey. OMG I nearly killed myself. I've quit a few times for more than 2 yrs. But some how it rears it's ugly head and I pick it up again.

Today I received in the mail my ProSmoke e- cigarette's. I hope to at least cut out the "smoke" from my lungs and start cutting back with the e-cigarette's. Here in MN we can't smoke in the bars so this is an alternative to that too.

Right now I'm just looking to get use to these and not buy cigarettes any more. They come in different mg's. I started with the second highest 25mg. Then after I go threw what I have I may be able to cut down to a smaller dose.

What is your remedy??? Or Your Game plan?

Strappie, Best of Luck to you. My game plan for you is to keep you in my thoughts/prayers about your desire to live cigarette free. I too smoked for many years when I was younger. I think for me it was part of the "image thing." The problem with that was physical health risks and I could not live

in a bar 24/7 as a young person trying to find community, friends and women of course.

For me when I gave up drinking and drugs of any kind many years ago, I had to stop going to clubs where I did the bulk of my partying. It helped to create a entire new set of activities, and some new friends with common goals.

Back to the cigs, I don't know how it is in MN but out here on the left coast, marijuanna smoking seems to be more acceptable than cigs. Cigarette smokers are becoming less and less. I have not been a daily smoker in years but my thing was to have a ciggy when I go out to a club or some sort of fundraising event. I have not had a cig since the B-F Holiday Dance held at the beginning of this year. The last time I was out with a group of people just chatting and hanging out on a Friday night about 4 weeks ago, there were no cigs for me. I belive I am done.

I have some other ideas that might help you quit, if you are interested send me a pm or call. Again, Best of Luck Strappie.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post: