sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
i know what you mean about counseling being hard to find. i went six sessions to EAP and i really loved that lady, but when it ran out i had to find one covered by insurance and me and that counselor didn't click AT ALL. i ended up going back to my EAP counselor and paying full price. I also had to pay full price for my nutritionist

my insurance didn't cover eating disorder at all unless i went inpatient, and having gone inpatient in high school proved so disruptive to my life that i refused it this time

i know it is hard. it seems like making the decision to recover is the hard part, but then when you try to put treatment together you find out the hard part has only just begun! {{{{sylvie}}}} hang in there!
that's what i am so scared of too, finding someone through my insurance and then us not clicking.. prior to even starting counselling, i had my mind set that i didn't want it and it wouldn't work for me, due to trying counselling in the past and it being a bad experience for me.. finally, i went to counselling through my EAP and honestly, within weeks that woman helped me work through so much of my stuff, i owe her a lot.. And after my 4 weeks, she referred me to Mental Health where i would get further counselling, or so she thought...

Sadly, they've nothing to offer counsellingwise where eating disorders are concerned, but, i am working with a dietician, going to my OA meetings and will do the different courses they're offering me.. One is called Crisis & Skills, which deals with everything from stress to being mindful to relaxation breathing, etc.. It's every Monday afternoon.. And then i will be starting another course called Craving Change, which is helpful in changing eating habits and wanting to lose weight etc.. So, even if they aren't eating disorder oriented, they have tools i can use for sure.. There are other courses available too , like self esteem and things like that which i will work on as well in time, don't want to do everything at once and overwhelm myself.. One course at a time..

i have a doctor's appt on Sept 21st, to get my test results and will ask her to refer me someplace for counselling in hopes she knows someplace else that can help, and if not, i'll break down and go through my insurance, they'll cover 80%, so that won't be too bad.. At least something!

In the meantime, i will be purchasing books that have been suggested to me, i love reading and could get a lot from that most likely too.. So making good use of my tools that 'are' available anyway!

i soooo agree with you dc, putting treatment together is one heck of a challenge.. it took so much to admit i needed the help, now that i have there isn't much out there to help.. it's one helluva scary journey to walk alone, thank goodness for the support and encouragement i get through Mtn & friends, or i'd be one lost girl...

((((((hugggggz)))))))

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: