Old 11-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Death is a wicked, cruel bitch.
Death is stingy, taking someone from us we love with all of our hearts, not caring one tiny bit for us, but for itself.
Death is immature, taking some before their time.

And so, like everything horrible.....we can either succumb ourselves, or thumb our noses at death. We can either become bitter or better because of the chaos which death brought our way. Death doesn't care if You understand or not. Death doesn't care about your personal journey, or how you're going to respond.

Death just does it.

Sometimes, we do not know if our own lives will go on. But they do.
Sometimes, we do not know if we will ever be capable of laughing again. But we will.
Sometimes, we don't know if we ever be able to speak the name of The One death took from us without sobbin. But we will.

I lost my precious daughter, Melody Claire, in 1996. She was 16. She was the passenger in a car driven by her best friend. She was going 90 in a 30, lost control of the car, it flipped and they slid into a telephone pole, killing them both instantly.

I don't think I need to go on about the insanity that became my journey for a brief period. It was hell. But her life gave me strength to move on. I was able to speak to her school ~ her classmates ~ on the morning of her funeral. I told them that they should not waste a moment in telling someone they love them. There was a message here. Melody had just told me how much she loved me that afternoon.

Her death was a lesson to me. She taught me that I could survive anything. 3 years after she died, I lost my Grandmother, my favorite Uncle and my Mom. I sang at their funerals. I don't think I could have done it had Melody's death not taught me how to be strong. In 2006, my Dad died. I sang at his funeral, too, as did my youngest daughter ~ Melody's younger sister, Erin.

We have learned to be strong together.

It's like giving someone power over You to make You feel inferior (Re: Eleanor Roosevelt). Death is the same way. You can give It permission to ruin Your life, or You can learn something from it and not wallow in self~pity.

It is the choice which belongs to us all.

~Diva

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: